Monday 7 May 2007

My New Berlin Blog

When I got back from covering the World Social Forum from a women’s perspective in Nairobi, I was asked to write a monthly column for www.openDemocracy.net and you can check out some of my recent pieces here

Now we are working on a new project to provide a women’s perspective on the G8 summit - which is happening in Germany 6th to 8th June 2007. So I’m here in Berlin partly because of that and partly because, well, everyone’s got to be somewhere.

Wherever I go, there’s a different kind of stimulation – although the issues may still be the same. The first two pieces below are the beginning of my personal Berlin blog. The other two are earlier pieces, related to women in Africa. I try to put a different spin on everything I write. But none of these topics are going to be resolved so easily.

No comments: